Re: upgraded to pgsql 8.2.4, getting worse performance then 7.4.x - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Luke Lonergan
Subject Re: upgraded to pgsql 8.2.4, getting worse performance then 7.4.x
Date
List pgsql-performance

When you initdb, a config file is edited from the template by initdb to reflect your machine config.

- Luke

Msg is shrt cuz m on ma treo

 -----Original Message-----
From:   Douglas J Hunley [mailto:doug@hunley.homeip.net]
Sent:   Sunday, June 03, 2007 02:30 PM Eastern Standard Time
To:     Tom Lane
Cc:     pgsql-performance@postgresql.org
Subject:        Re: [PERFORM] upgraded to pgsql 8.2.4, getting worse performance then 7.4.x

On Saturday 02 June 2007 11:25:11 Tom Lane wrote:
> Another thing that seems strange is that the 8.2 config file does not
> seem to have been processed by initdb --- or did you explicitly comment
> out the settings it made?

I don't understand this comment. You are saying 'initdb' will make changes to
the file? The file I sent is the working copy from the machine in question.

--
Douglas J Hunley (doug at hunley.homeip.net) - Linux User #174778
http://doug.hunley.homeip.net

"Does it worry you that you don't talk any kind of sense?"

               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq