Re: Fwd: REWRITE_INVOKE_MAX and "query may contain cycles" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Eric B.Ridge
Subject Re: Fwd: REWRITE_INVOKE_MAX and "query may contain cycles"
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thursday, February 20, 2003, at 05:58  PM, Tom Lane wrote:

> Bruno Wolff III <bruno@wolff.to> writes:
>>   "Eric B. Ridge" <ebr@tcdi.com> wrote:
>>> Outside of modifying the source every time I compile/install postgres
>>> (which is what I've done now), how can I redefine REWRITE_INVOKE_MAX?
>
>> I think in 7.4 it is getting raised to 100.
>
> It is already 100 in 7.3.

That's better.  I've set mine (in 7.2.3) to 1024.  I'm at 50ish
operations right now and that number has the potential to grow, perhaps
even past 100.  That's why I was asking if it could become a
configuration setting.

Is making it configurable technically possible (ie, can rewriteHandler
access GUC parameters?), and if I invested the time to make it happen,
would a patch be accepted?  I really don't want to continue to modify
the source every time I install postgres.

eric