problem with installing postgresql on windows NT - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Vinod_R
Subject problem with installing postgresql on windows NT
Date
List pgsql-cygwin

hi,
        i want to install postgreSQL on windows NT.
* As per the faq-mswin documentation i have to install cygwin and cygipc before installing postgresql.

* I have already downloaded postgresql- 7.1.3
* i dowloaded cygipc-1.09-2.tar.gz and cygwin setup.exe
* To install cygwin, as per the documentation, i ran setup.exe which will ask series of questions and finally opens the list of packages (src and bin versions) to be installed/downloaded.

Here i don't know what all packages i have to install for installing postgresql on winNT ?
Also if i install some packages it will download the tar files and won't install directly. So again i have to use setup.exe to install these packages from the local directory.

Also from where i should run ./configure, gmake etc (given in install script of pgsql) b'cos i cannot access this directory from cygwin prompt since i have unzipped it in a seperate directory (not under root of cygwin) ?

waiting for ur reply ASAP.
 Please send me the detailed documentation if u have any for installing cygwin, cygipc and postgresql on windows NT
rgds
vinod.r