Re: Get file size - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Matt Musgrove
Subject Re: Get file size
Date
List pgsql-novice
plpgsql is a trusted language so it can't access the file system.

I'd do it with plpgperlu but then again, Perl is my favorite language.

// Totally off-the-cuff (i.e. untested) example code to get you started
CREATE FUNCTION check_file_size (character varying)
RETURNS integer AS $BODY$
    my ( $filepath ) = @_;
    return 0 unless defined $filepath;
    return -s $filepath; # returns size in bytes
$BODY$ LANGUAGE plperlu;

From: pgsql-novice-owner@postgresql.org [pgsql-novice-owner@postgresql.org] on behalf of Lukas [Lukas@fmf.vtu.lt]
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2012 2:39 PM
To: pgsql-novice@postgresql.org
Subject: [NOVICE] Get file size

Hello,

 maybe someone can give an idea how I cat get sizes of file which location
is know?
 Lets say I have table with 200k records, in every record one column
indicates full file path on server for ex. "c:\temp\test.txt" etc. and I
want to fill that table with file sizes..
 I was looking for function in plpgsql or plpgper languages, but I did not
found anything what could help me..

Lukas