Small subset of man pages available after install from Redhat-compatible repo - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Linus Hicks
Subject Small subset of man pages available after install from Redhat-compatible repo
Date
List pgsql-bugs
I followed the instructions from here: https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/redhat/ to install version 15 on OL
8.8,with some additions:

postgresql15-libs-15.3-2PGDG.rhel8.x86_64
postgresql15-pltcl-15.3-2PGDG.rhel8.x86_64
postgresql15-15.3-2PGDG.rhel8.x86_64
postgresql15-docs-15.3-2PGDG.rhel8.x86_64
postgresql15-server-15.3-2PGDG.rhel8.x86_64

Then running “man initdb” returns “No manual entry for initdb” but the manpage exists here:
/usr/pgsql-15/share/man/man1

I was expecting all of the man pages provided in the RPM packages to be available without having to provide the full
path.Is this a bug in packaging or is my expectation incorrect?

Linus

Please access the attached hyperlink for Highstreet’s electronic communications disclaimer:
http://www.highstreetit.com/Email_Disclaimer.htm