Re: Cannot get a backup using a script - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Ken Benson
Subject Re: Cannot get a backup using a script
Date
List pgsql-novice

Writes,

Ken Benson | Director, Development | InfoWerks Data Services, Inc. | 817.253.7867 (direct) | infowerks.com

From: pgsql-novice-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-novice-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of JORGE MALDONADO
Sent: Wednesday, November 25, 2015 11:53 AM
To: pgsql-novice@postgresql.org
Subject: [NOVICE] Cannot get a backup using a script

I have been trying to get automated backups of a PostgreSQL database using a script without success. The error I get is "fe_sendauth: no password supplied".

I have a pgpass.conf in "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\postgresql\pgpass.conf" with the correct information: localhot:5432:dbname:postgres:mypassword

[KenB]

Is this a typo – in copying – or does your pgpass.conf actually contain localhot

It should be localhost

The script I am testing is as follows:

pg_dump -E win1252 -f d:/respaldos/edocuments/edoc.backup -F p -n edocuments -h localhost -U postgres -w edocuments

I have run such a script with -W instead of -w just to test and I am asked for password and it runs correctly, so the script is fine I suppose.

I also added the following line to the script and I get the same error message:

SET PGPASSFILE="C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\postgresql\pgpass.conf"

My OS is Windows Server 2008 R2.

I will very much appreciate any help.

With respect,

Jorge Maldonado