pgDay Paris 2020: Registration, CfP, and Sponsors - Mailing list pgsql-announce

From Vik Fearing
Subject pgDay Paris 2020: Registration, CfP, and Sponsors
Date
List pgsql-announce

Greetings!

The sixth annual PostgreSQL conference in Paris, France is opening for business! This is a community conference as defined by the PostgreSQL Community Recognition Guidelines (https://www.postgresql.org/community/recognition/).

We are now accepting talk proposals in English only. Each session is 45 minutes after which there will be time for questions. We may also have a limited number of shorter, 20-minute slots available. Please indicate clearly in your submission if you wish to present a 20-minute talk. Presentations will be recorded.

Talks may be on any topic related to PostgreSQL in some way. Suggested topic areas include:

- Developing applications with or for PostgreSQL
- Administering large scale PostgreSQL installations
- Case studies and/or success stories of PostgreSQL deployments (or interesting failures)
- PostgreSQL tools and utilities
- Community and local user groups
- Tuning and performance improvements
- PostgreSQL internals hacking
- Migration from other database systems
- Replication, Clustering, and High Availability
- Recovery and Backup strategies
- Benchmarking and hardware
- PostgreSQL related products
- DevOps and continuous deployment/configuration/integration around PostgreSQL

Of course, we’re happy to receive proposals for talks on other PostgreSQL-related topics as well.

The proposals will be judged by our selection committee: Stéphanie BALTUS, Carole ARNAUD, and Adrien NAYRAT. The CfP will close on Décember 31, 2019 at 24:00 in Paris. Notifications will be sent out no later than January 10, 2020.

We are also now open for sponsors. If you would like to sponsor pgDay Paris 2020, please visit the following site and follow instructions there. Only five booths are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.

And finally, registration is open for those who know what a great event this has been in the past. We have a special BLIND rate for those who trust us and will come no matter what. This rate is valid only until the schedule is published and limited to the first 25.

For any questions, please write to contact@pgday.paris in English or in French.

See you there!