Re: Error Message - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Michael Judd
Subject Re: Error Message
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hello,
The paths to VB6.exe in the BuildAll.bat file were easy to fix, but I get
message boxes popping up with messages similar to the following as each
target is built when executing it...
'X:\correct\path\to\pgDatabase.cls' could not be loaded
I thought maybe it had something to do with the Refernce lines in the vbp
files such as...
Reference=*\G{00020430-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}#2.0#0#wrong\path\to\Syst
em32\stdole2.tlb#OLE Automation
Reference=*\G{00000200-0000-0010-8000-00AA006D2EA4}#2.0#0#wrong\path\to\Prog
ram Files\Common Files\system\ado\msado20.tlb#Microsoft ActiveX Data
but changing them didn't help.

Anyway I'm guessing from all this that maybe mdac 2.7 SP1 isn't backwards
compatible? But if it works for other people using Windows XP SP1 I guess
that's not it.

Sorry I'm not much help!

Doesn't matter, I can still use pgAdmin2 on NT. Great tool by the way.

Cheers!
Mike.

Hi,

I have heard of this problem before following a Win2k -> XP upgrade, and
unfortunately never found a fix myself, or heard of anyone else who did.

> Anyway I checked out pgadmin2, pgschema, activex and binaries
> from CVS. This message is from the version in binaries. I
> have been unable to build the source so far due to
> installation specific values in the vb project files.

If you have a copy of VB then that might be the easiest fix. What were
the installation specific values you found? If you are referring to the
dll paths in each file, don't worry about them - VB uses the GUID and
completely ignores the path. One of our developers is in Italy, and you
can imagine how different his paths are yet his code works fine in .uk.

> I'm about to look into pgadmin3. Cheers!

I obviously don't know your requirements, but you might find it a little
immature for production use. If you just want to browse the schema
hierarchy, and execute the odd SQL query, then you should be OK though.

Regards, Dave.