Revoke - database does not exist - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Prashanth Kumar
Subject Revoke - database does not exist
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

Do not seem to figure out what is wrong here. Why am I getting database does not exist.  I just created the database and am able to connect to it as "postgres" user.
 I am trying to restrict  "testuser" from connecting to "myDB" database.

Thanks in advance.

postgres@ulinux3:~$ createuser -D -S -R -P testuser
Enter password for new role:
Enter it again:
postgres@ulinux3:~$ createdb myDB
postgres@ulinux3:~$ psql
psql (9.3.4)
Type "help" for help.

postgres=# REVOKE ALL PRIVILEGES  ON DATABASE myDB FROM testuser;
ERROR:  database "mydb" does not exist
postgres=# \q
postgres@ulinux3:~$ psql myDB
psql (9.3.4)
Type "help" for help.

myDB=# REVOKE ALL PRIVILEGES  ON DATABASE myDB FROM testuser;
ERROR:  database "mydb" does not exist

--Prashanth Kumar