Re: Visualize database schema - Mailing list pgsql-general

From José Pedro Santos
Subject Re: Visualize database schema
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I use to visualize a database schema Quantum GIS or UDIG. Both are open source software and very esay to add a database schema.

Best Regards,
José Santos

Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 09:54:34 +0100
Subject: [GENERAL] Visualize database schema
From: dario.beraldi@gmail.com
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org

Hello,

Apologies if this question has been asked before, but I couldn't come up with a decent solution...

Can anyone advice about a tool to visualize a database schema? Ideally, I would like something that takes the SQL definition of a schema or database (essentially the output of pg_dump) and produces a graphical representation of the tables, constraints and indexes which can be moved around for ease of visualization (something like the "Graphical query builder" that comes with pgAdmin =>1.14).
I don't care (and don't want) to modify or query the database with such tool, I just want to visualize it. (In fact, I tried to use pgAdmin for this but the graphical queries can only be saved as images and so they cannot be reloaded).

Thanks!

Dario