Processor speed relative to postgres transactions per second - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chris Barnes
Subject Processor speed relative to postgres transactions per second
Date
Re: Processor speed relative to postgres transactions per second  (Greg Smith <greg@2ndquadrant.com>)
Re: Processor speed relative to postgres transactions per second  (Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general

We have two camps that think that the speed of cpu processors is/aren't relative to the number of transactions that postgres that can performed per second.

I am of the opinion that is we throw the faster processors at the database machine, there will be better performance.

Just like faster drives and controllers, there must be some improvement over the other processor.

Is there anything to support this, a document or someone's personal experience?

Chrs Barnes

IM on the go with Messenger on your phone. Try now.