Re: Silent install 8.3 diiffers from 8.2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martin Gainty
Subject Re: Silent install 8.3 diiffers from 8.2
Date
List pgsql-general
Jerel-
any chance of running the postgres start script under god rights e.g.
runas /noprofile /user:mymachine\GOD net start PostsgreSQL
?
Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note

Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Silent install 8.3 diiffers from 8.2
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 12:43:44 -0500
From: Jerel.Blakely@ngc.com
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org

Has this issue been resolved by anyone?
I can install over and over manually but any attempt at silent install fails with the same.
> "Service 'PostgreSQL Database Server 8.3' (pgsql-8.3) failed to start.
> Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services."

It works fine with 8.3.0 but not 8.3.3, what changes were made to the installer?
I can verify that the previous version is un-installed, make sure the postgres\8.3 directory is clear, and reboot the machine to verify that no leftover processes remain? It still fails every time on silent install, however a manual install blasts right through with no problems.
I would like to hand my sa a script and say just run this rather than hand him a script caviated with "Oh and by the way you have to do manual install on all 30 machines."

Get thousands of games on your PC, your mobile phone, and the web with Windows®. Game with Windows