Re: Can I have a look at your TuningWizard generated config file? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martin Gainty
Subject Re: Can I have a look at your TuningWizard generated config file?
Date
List pgsql-general
cat /proc/sys/kernel/shmmax
1999999999

shmmax controls the maximum amount of memory to be allocated for shared memory,
(1,999,999,999 in this instance.)

http://ps-ax.com/shared-mem.html

concerning shmall
set shmall parameter for total amount of shared memory pages that can be used system wide
shmall could be ceil(shmmax/PAGE_SIZE)
http://www.puschitz.com/TuningLinuxForOracle.shtml#SettingSharedMemory

PAGE_SIZE determined by
$ getconf PAGE_SIZE