Re: pgAgent stand alone - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Vishal Arora
Subject Re: pgAgent stand alone
Date
List pgadmin-support

Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 15:30:05 -0600
From: mplubratt@gmail.com
To: pgadmin-support@postgresql.org
Subject: [pgadmin-support] pgAgent stand alone

Hello!

I'm currently running PostgreSQL on a production server and a development server.  Another function of the development server is to do daily backups of the production server.  I'd really like to do this with pgAgent.  However, I can't seem to figure out how to compile/install only pgAgent.  I don't have X windows on the development server (FreeBSD 6.3) and never plan to.  I'm running pgAdmin from another machine entirely.

 You can run PgAgent from the machine you are running PgAdmin.

Is there a way to compile and install only pgAgent?  It seems to me that its function is sufficiently separate from pgAdmin that a standalone distribution would be warranted.

Any pointers/advice?

Thanks!
Mark

Regards

Vishal

Windows Live Spaces : Help your online world come to life, add 500 photos a month. Try it!