Re: Performance on Bulk Insert to Partitioned Table - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Charles Gomes
Subject Re: Performance on Bulk Insert to Partitioned Table
Date
List pgsql-performance
________________________________
> Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 15:38:14 +0100
> Subject: Re: [PERFORM] Performance on Bulk Insert to Partitioned Table
> From: alipouya2@gmail.com
> To: charlesrg@outlook.com
> CC: pgsql-performance@postgresql.org
>

> 2012/12/27 Charles Gomes
> <charlesrg@outlook.com<mailto:charlesrg@outlook.com>>
> So far that's what I got http://www.widesol.com/~charles/pgsql/partition.c
> I had some issues as He uses HeapTuples and on 9.2 I see a Slot.
>
> Hi Charles,
> I copied your C code partition.c and am trying to test it.
>
> For compiling you suggest :

> gcc -I "./" -fpic -c trigger.c
>
> Where comes the file trigger.c from ? Is that the one you find in the
> source directory
> ./src/backend/commands/    ?
>
> Thanks a lot
> Best regards
> Ali

Ali,
You can save the source as partition.c and use:

gcc -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wendif-labels
-Wmissing-format-attribute-Wformat-security -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -fpic -DREFINT_VERBOSE -I. -I.
-I"/usr/pgsql-9.2/include/server/"-D_GNU_SOURCE   -c -o partition.o partition.c

gcc -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wendif-labels
-Wmissing-format-attribute-Wformat-security -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -fpic -Wl,--as-needed
-Wl,-rpath,'/usr/local/pgsql/lib',--enable-new-dtags-L/usr/pgsql-9.2/lib -lpgport  -shared -o
/usr/pgsql-9.2/lib/partition.so

To Compile you must have postgresql-devel packages.

I've added everything to github:
https://github.com/charlesrg/pgsql_partition/blob/master/partition.c

For more info check
http://www.charlesrg.com/linux/71-postgresql-partitioning-the-database-the-fastest-way