Re: transforms - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Steve Singer
Subject Re: transforms
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 13-03-03 06:15 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> transforms=# create extension hstore_plperl;
>> ERROR:  could not load library
>> "/home/josh/pg93/lib/postgresql/hstore_plperl.so":
>> /home/josh/pg93/lib/postgresql/hstore_plperl.so: undefined symbol:
>> hstoreUniquePairs
>> STATEMENT:  create extension hstore_plperl;
>>
>> This surprised me, because "make check" for the extensions passed fine.
> Oh, this is on Ubuntu 12.10, not OSX.   So possibly the fixes you made
> to fix linking on OSX broke other platforms.

This (creating the extensions) works fine for me on a  Ubuntu 10.x system

template1=# create database test;
CREATE DATABASE
template1=# \c test
You are now connected to database "test" as user "ssinger".
test=# create extension hstore;
CREATE EXTENSION
test=# create extension hstore_plpythonu;
ERROR:  required extension "plpythonu" is not installed
STATEMENT:  create extension hstore_plpythonu;
ERROR:  required extension "plpythonu" is not installed
test=# create extension plpythonu;
CREATE EXTENSION
test=# create extension hstore_plpythonu;
CREATE EXTENSION
test=#
test=# create extension plperl;
CREATE EXTENSION