Re: A Simple web application - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Edson Richter
Subject Re: A Simple web application
Date
List pgsql-general
Em 27/01/2014 10:42, Andreas Kretschmer escreveu:
> Raymond O'Donnell <rod@iol.ie> wrote:
>
>> On 27/01/2014 12:11, Manoj Soni wrote:
>>> Name, Age and Sex
>>> Which tutorial, may help me in this regard.
>> I did a Google search on "tomcat netbeans postgresql tutorial" and
>> turned up some likely-looking links.... should work for you too. :-)
> Right, and as a hint: dont store the AGE of a person, store the
> birthdate instead.
>

> Andreas

Another hint: don't store "sex" (do/don't do?), but "gender" (even
better if tristate: male/female/not informed or "other").
I already had lots of trouble with customers asking me to adjust my
systems to this new "situation", then I've to change systems and database...

Regards,

Edson Richter