Re: Linux Distribution Preferences? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Edson Richter
Subject Re: Linux Distribution Preferences?
Date
List pgsql-general
Em 13/01/2013 16:27, Shaun Thomas escreveu:
> Hey guys,
>
> I'm not sure the last time I saw this discussion, but I was somewhat curious: what would be your ideal Linux
distributionfor a nice solid PostgreSQL installation? We've kinda bounced back and forth between RHEL, CentOS, and
UbuntuLTS, so I was wondering what everyone else thought.

> --
> Shaun Thomas
> OptionsHouse | 141 W. Jackson Blvd | Suite 500 | Chicago IL, 60604
> 312-676-8870
> sthomas@optionshouse.com

> See http://www.peak6.com/email_disclaimer/ for terms and conditions related to this email

I do use CentOS 5 and 6 for servers - they run without any glitches in
decent servers. Don't use then on self made servers with
strange/alternative SATA Raid controlers, it is the hell on earth. Use
good hardware and you will be fine.
Check the HCL of RedHat Enterprise.

Edson