Re: Transparent exchange BDE from Oracle to PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Edson Richter
Subject Re: Transparent exchange BDE from Oracle to PostgreSQL
Date
Re: Transparent exchange BDE from Oracle to PostgreSQL  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
Em 02/02/2014 04:24, John R Pierce escreveu:
> On 2/1/2014 4:26 PM, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>>>
>>> what is BDE  ?
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borland_Database_Engine
>
> if its using ODBC or something to connect to Oracle, then you should
> be able to use ODBC to connect to PostgreSQL.
>
> Will the Borland TurboWhatever code run as-is?  well, that depends on
> what its doing with Oracle.  good luck.

Thanks - my thoughts, perhaps, was if someone with experience on BDE
could give some light here :-) - I'm not a BDE expert myself; that's why
I'm looking for help.
BDE is some kind of "obscure" technology - it needs some special
drivers, and I honestly don't know if it will work with pure ODBC. Even
with Oracle, I had trouble because I've to install those software in
certain sequence otherwise drivers are not added to Windows registry (I
hate it).
I appreciate your insights and your time.

Regards,

Edson