Re: Welcome 2012 GSOC students - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Qi Huang
Subject Re: Welcome 2012 GSOC students
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Thanks for the hackers' support. The discussion on the mailing is quite encouraging. Expecting to enjoy the 3 months' fun with Postgres. I'm still under the final period of my university, will participate more after the exams finish.
Thanks!

Sent from my Windows Phone

From: Josh Berkus
Sent: 25/4/2012 1:06 AM
To: PostgreSQL-development
Subject: [HACKERS] Welcome 2012 GSOC students

Hackers,

We've chosen the 5 GSOC projects for this year:

* JDBC Foreign Data Wrapper, by Atri, mentored by Merlin Moncure
* Document Collection Foreign Data Wrapper, by Zheng Yang (a returning
student), mentored by Satoshi Nagayasu
* Implementing TABLESAMPLE, by Qi, mentored by Stephen Frost
* Better Indexing for Ranges, by Alexander (returning), mentored by
Heikki Linnakangas
* xReader Streaming xLog Reader, by Aakash, mentored by Kevin Grittner

Congratulations to the selected students, and expect to see them here on
-hackers working on their projects.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.