Re: [GENERAL] pg_id: command not found - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Carsten Huettl
Subject Re: [GENERAL] pg_id: command not found
Date
List pgsql-novice
Thank you Tom,

> Is /usr/lib/pgsql/bin in your PATH?

Very easy. I mus have been blind...

Maentime I found SuSE Linux supplies a package called pg_data???.rpm which includes the database
files. Installing this seams to be the same as running initdb.
After I installed the package I found the new database directory in /var/lib/pgsql/
btw. I found somethings seams to be wrong with the and package rpm say nothing needs to be updated
or so but there are some files missing from pg_ifa.
After reinstalling the files I can run postgres now without problems.

C.

--
Carsten Huettl - <http://www.ahorn-Net.de>
pgp-key on request