Re: PG on AWS RDS and IAM authentication - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jernigan, Kevin
Subject Re: PG on AWS RDS and IAM authentication
Date
List pgsql-general
We are working on adding IAM authentication for both RDS for PostgreSQL and Aurora PostgreSQL, and expect to release
supportfor both soon.

Thanks,

--
Kevin Jernigan
Senior Product Manager
On 6/12/18, 1:11 PM, "Adrian Klaver" <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:

    On 06/12/2018 08:45 AM, Ravi Krishna wrote:

    > As per https://forums.aws.amazon.com/thread.jspa?threadID=258822&tstart=0 there was no IAM authentication for PG
onAWS RDS. (It is there for MySQL).

    > However the link is a year old. Has it changed since then?  Can we use IAM authentication for PG.

    IAM is a AWS feature, so you should probably talk to them to get the
    official word.

    The below would seem to indicate it is not possible:

    https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonRDS/latest/UserGuide/UsingWithRDS.IAMDBAuth.html

    --
    Adrian Klaver
    adrian.klaver@aklaver.com