Inet performance - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tanya Mamedalin
Subject Inet performance
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi -

Has anyone noticed a significant performance hit using the inet/cidr
data types?  I'm debating between setting up the my database using the
12 byte inet type or 4 columns of 1-byte tinyints to represent ip
address octets.

Thanks,
Tanya

------------------------------------------->

Tanya Mamedalin
Network Engineer
Register.com
575 Eighth Avenue
New York, New York 10018

p: 212.798.9212
c: 917.817.5670

This e-mail message, and any attachments thereto, is for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s) and may contain legally privileged and/or
confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and permanently
delete all copies of the original message.