How should the correct value of shmmax be calculated for DWH (OLAP)server - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Shukla, Sumeet
Subject How should the correct value of shmmax be calculated for DWH (OLAP)server
Date
List pgsql-admin

Hi,

Can someone please help me determine the appropriate value of kernel shmmax parameter for PostgreSQL configured for Data Warehouse use?

I have 48 GB RAM on the server and max_connections set to 500

Thanks & Regards,

Sumeet Shukla Database Administrator

ADO – Application & Database Operations

Mob: +91 740 612 1115 | Desk: +91 44 6121 8446