Re: PostgreSQL 8.4.8 bringing my website down every evening - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alban Hertroys
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 8.4.8 bringing my website down every evening
Date
List pgsql-general
On 16 Jun 2011, at 21:42, Alexander Farber wrote:

> On 6/16/11, Cédric Villemain <cedric.villemain.debian@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2011/6/16 Alexander Farber <alexander.farber@gmail.com>:
>>> I'm still suffering with my Drupal 7.2 site and
>>> PostgreSQL 8.4.8 every evening, for example
>>> right now. I have tried different combinations
>>> for /etc/pgbouncer.ini - for example now I have:
>>>
>>> [pgbouncer]
>>> logfile = /var/log/pgbouncer.log
>>> pidfile = /var/run/pgbouncer/pgbouncer.pid
>>> ;listen_addr = 127.0.0.1
>>> listen_port = 6432
>>> unix_socket_dir = /tmp
>>>
>>> auth_type = md5
>>> auth_file = /var/lib/pgsql/data/global/pg_auth
>>>
>>> pool_mode = session
>>>

>> you probably want to use transaction mode here, instead of session.
>>

> Is transaction mode better for PHP scripts with
> persistent connections? I'll try that, thank you
> (rebooting right now... GPRS sucks)

I think the intention was to use a pooler INSTEAD OF php persistent connections. Having both doesn't make sense to me.

Alban Hertroys

--
Screwing up is an excellent way to attach something to the ceiling.

!DSPAM:737,4dfaf87012091396613445!