could not read from statistics collector pipe, Windows 2000, PostgreSQL 8.0.1 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Jean-Pierre Pelletier
Subject could not read from statistics collector pipe, Windows 2000, PostgreSQL 8.0.1
Date
List pgsql-bugs
We are running PostgreSQL 8.0.1 since last week and have these
messages in our PostgreSQL log file:

The first time we get the error approx 1/2 hour after restarting PostgreSQL=
, it is:

FATAL:  could not read from statistics collector pipe: No such file or dire=
ctory
LOG:  statistics collector process (PID 1628) was terminated by signal 1

and then a couple of time every hour, we get:

FATAL:  could not read from statistics collector pipe: No error
FATAL:  could not write to statistics collector pipe: No connection could b=
e made because the target machine actively refused it.
or:
FATAL:  could not read from statistics collector pipe: No error
LOG:  statistics collector process (PID 1628) was terminated by signal 1

Our application seems unaffected by these messages.

We are on Windows 2000 Server, Service Pack 4 and
were successfully running PostgreSQL 7.4.1 before that.

Is this normal and if not, how do we fix that?

Thanks
Jean-Pierre Pelletier=