Re: proposal for PL packages for 8.3. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: proposal for PL packages for 8.3.
Date
List pgsql-hackers

>"Pavel Stehule" <pavel.stehule@hotmail.com> writes:
> > I unlike concept of nested schemats or packages nested in schema. I
>don't
> > see reason for it. About implementation.. package is more special kind
>of
> > function for me. But relation between package and function I can create
>via
> > dot notation in function's name. It's different from nested syntax from
> > PL/SQL or ADA. I can easy separate SQL part and non SQL part.
>
>Apparently you're not aware that that syntax is not free for the taking.
>The reason people are complaining about this proposal is that currently
>foo.bar(...) means function bar in schema foo, and you seem to be
>intending to break it.

I understand it. But I don't know better solution. Certainly foo.bar(..) is
ambigous and it can mean both. ANSI SQL don't use packages and Oracle's
package are unsolveable because we have separated parsers. Do you have any
idea, what is good model for it?

Regards
Pavel Stehule

Emotikony a pozadi programu MSN Messenger ozivi vasi konverzaci.
http://messenger.msn.cz/