Re: commit callback, request - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: commit callback, request
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>"Pavel Stehule" <pavel.stehule@hotmail.com> writes:
> > Is possible make transaction commit trigger without patching code now?
>
>You can get pretty close with a deferred trigger.  I don't think
>there's any way to have a guaranteed "at commit" trigger --- as soon
>as (1) there are two of them and (2) one can get an error, the
>transaction could fail after running an alleged "at commit" trigger.
>
>            regards, tom lane

hm. I don't have big problem with false notifications. Who want to use
dbms_alert have to calculate with this possibility. But triggers has
disadventage - I have to sometimes clean any table, which cary triggers :-(.
It's solution. I hope 8.2 will has any general mechanis. Is it possible
enhance SPI to parametrized NOTIFY? Default mode send message via libpq,
nonstandard raise any callback.

Thank You
Pavel

Citite se osamele? Poznejte nekoho vyjmecneho diky Match.com.
http://www.msn.cz/