Alter Column from inet to inet[] - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alex -
Subject Alter Column from inet to inet[]
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,
I need to change a column type from inet to inet[] but the alter command always gives me the following errors

ERROR:  column "access_ip" cannot be cast to type inet[]

ALTER TABLE users ALTER COLUMN access_ip SET DATA TYPE inet[] USING access_ip::inet[];

Tried various but no luck. Couldn't find anything in the manuals either.

Can anyone point me in the right direction or tell me what's wrong with my statement.

Thanks for any help.

Alex