Autovaccum settings while Bulk Loading data - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Ambarish Bhattacharya
Subject Autovaccum settings while Bulk Loading data
Date
List pgsql-performance
Dear Experts,

I have data about half milllion to 1 million which is populated into the Postgres db using a batch job (A sql script consists of pl/pgsql functions and views) .

I am using PostgreSQL 8.3.5 on windows 2003 64-Bit machine.

It would be helpful if you can suggest me the appropriate Autovacuum settings for handling this large data as my autovacuum setting is hanging the entire process.

As of now I have the below Autovacuum settings in postgresql.conf file.
# AUTOVACUUM PARAMETERS
autovacuum = on

log_autovacuum_min_duration = 0

autovacuum_max_workers = 5

autovacuum_naptime = 10min

autovacuum_vacuum_threshold = 1000

autovacuum_analyze_threshold = 500

autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor = 0.2

autovacuum_analyze_scale_factor = 0.1

autovacuum_freeze_max_age = 200000000

#autovacuum_vacuum_cost_delay = 200

#autovacuum_vacuum_cost_limit = -1
Please provide you suggestion regarding the same.

Many thanks

Build a bright career through MSN Education Sign up now.