REVOKE on ALTER USER, DROP USER

From: Tjibbe
Subject: REVOKE on ALTER USER, DROP USER
Date: ,
List: pgsql-novice

Tree view

REVOKE on ALTER USER, DROP USER  (Tjibbe, )
 Re: REVOKE on ALTER USER, DROP USER  (Tom Lane, )
 Re: REVOKE on ALTER USER, DROP USER  (Tjibbe, )
 Re: REVOKE on ALTER USER, DROP USER  (Tjibbe, )

Hello,

Is het possible tot REVOKE the ALTER USER command? In such a way that users cannot change their password and username?

And also cannot delete themeself with DROP USER?

Now I solve the problem in PHP, to filter de SQL query string behore sending to postgresql as follows:

1. selete double, triple etc,  spaces (with regular expression: ~ {2,}~)
2. upper the string (with strtoupper())
3. delete SQL commondos (with '#(ALTER USER|DROP USER)#siU'

but you can still create a pgsql function that's excute SQL commando's and maybe other ways... So this isn't a good option.

I can't make new database users. That is forbidden by my host. So i don't want to lose any users. Has someone ideas??

Greetz,

Tjibbe

De nieuwe Hotmail: Nu 2 GB aan opslag - dat zijn maar liefst 1000 foto's - en nog steeds gratis! Windows Live Hotmail