Re: automatically dump a table when it is updated - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Robert Wimmer
Subject Re: automatically dump a table when it is updated
Date
List pgsql-novice

>From: "Keith Worthington" <keithw@narrowpathinc.com>
>To: "PostgreSQL Novice" <pgsql-novice@postgresql.org>
>Subject: [NOVICE] automatically dump a table when it is updated
>Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 23:26:45 -0500
>
>Hi All,
>
>I need to dump a modified column (rpad(id, 19 ) || 'X' AS data) of a table
>to a
>text file after that table has been updated.  I thought that a trigger
>might
>work but I would like an external script to post process the file.  The
>LISTEN
>and NOTIFY commands might do the job but I have no idea how to use them.
>Can
>someone assist me or point me in the direction of a clear 'How To' type
>document?

this is a link to an example how you can use the LISTEN NOTIFY commands via
jdbc.

http://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/80/listennotify.html

I use this technique really often in clientprogramming - a wrote a
PostgresListener class to manage this in Java (in fact it is a package with
several classes).

regards Sepp

Die Vielfalt der Optionen lässt Sie im Internet erfolgreich recherchieren.
http://search.msn.at/