working with arrays inside a plpgsql function - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Luis Silva
Subject working with arrays inside a plpgsql function
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hi all!

I'm trying to use array inside a pl/pgsql function and I'm having some
problems using the all array at the same time. Let me give you an example:

ident text[];

BEGIN

ident = $1;  -- $1 is a array argument from the plpgsql function
EXECUTE 'SELECT count(identity) FROM public_data WHERE identity IN ||ident
INTO asds;

This last query returns an error. Any guess to solve this problem? tks a lot
PS - How can I retrieved the size ofthe array? I saw the manual and I
couldn't find it.

Regards,

Lu�s

Awards�   http://movies.msn.com/movies/oscars2007/?icid=ncoscartagline2