Re: ToDo: add documentation for operator IS OF - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: ToDo: add documentation for operator IS OF
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>Joe Conway wrote:
> > Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > > Strang IS [NOT] OF wasn't documented, especially seeing it was added
>in
> > > PostgreSQL 7.3.  Anyway, documented and backpatched to 8.2.X.
> >
> > Here's the reason -- see this thread:
> > http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2003-08/msg00062.php
>
>Wow, interesting.  I do remember that now.  Should I revert the
>documentation addition and add a comment to gram.y?

Nobody worked on this subject a lot of years. Who need it, knows about it
and use it. I am for this topic is documented and in doc is note about
difference from standard and about some incompletness of this operator.

regards
Pavel Stehule

Chcete sdilet sve obrazky a hudbu s prateli? http://messenger.msn.cz/