Re: proposal for PL packages for 8.3. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Adnan DURSUN
Subject Re: proposal for PL packages for 8.3.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
----- Original Message -----
From: "Bruce Momjian" <bruce@momjian.us>
To: "Josh Berkus" <josh@agliodbs.com>
Cc: "Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>; "Pavel Stehule"
<pavel.stehule@hotmail.com>; <dev@archonet.com>;
<pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2006 1:49 AM
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] proposal for PL packages for 8.3.

>>> Or we could just add local variables to schema and dispense with
>>> PACKAGES entirely.
>>
>> Sure, makes more sense to me.  I don't think people want Oracle syntax
>> as much as Oracle packages capabilities.
   Is it would be nice , if packages have been ;
   1. Package level variables (Public variables)   2. Package member level variables (Private variable)   3. Public and
privatepackage members   4. Syntax must be as closer as plpgsql (declaration, assingment etc)

rather than any syntax that we have to learn :-)

Best regards

Adnan DURSUN
ASRIN Bilisim Ltd.