Re: Improve Search - Mailing list pgsql-general

From carter ck
Subject Re: Improve Search
Date
List pgsql-general
Hm. No. I am not using tsearch2. I have looked at the documentation, but not sure how it benefits me.

I am searching for text such as mobile numbers and user name in my application.

Any idea of having tseach2 to accommodate different search fields? Way of Implementing it will be helpful too.

Thanks.

> Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 22:32:47 -0500
> From: scott.marlowe@gmail.com
> To: carterck32@hotmail.com
> Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Improve Search
> CC: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
>
> On 11/1/07, carter ck  wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Has anyone come across a solution for faster and powerful search stored procedure in a table that contains more than
500Kof records?

>> I am currently trying to work around with it. All helps are appreciated.
>
> Are you using the tsearch2 full text engine?  If not, you're missing
> the boat for fast searching text.  But you didn't really tell us what
> exactly you're searching on, so I'm just guessing.

Manage multiple email accounts with Windows Live Mail!
http://www.get.live.com/wl/all