Re: developer FAQ - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: developer FAQ
Date
Re: developer FAQ  (Heikki Linnakangas <heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgsql-docs
On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 21:04, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Excerpts from Heikki Linnakangas's message of mar abr 05 14:48:56 -0400 2011:
>
>> Hmm, is the /etc/mime.types file missing or somehow strange on that
>> host? When I do "git instaweb" on my laptop in a clone of the repository
>> and navigate to that index.html, it renders fine.
>
> Possibly ...

There is no /etc/mime.types, no.

Is this supposed to be the one from apache? freebsd seems to stick it
in /usr/local/etc/apache22/mime.types - but does gitweb use it
natively somehow?

>> However, none of the links work. They contain relative links like
>> "../../backend/bootstrap", which doesn't work with the more complicated
>> URL scheme that gitweb uses.
>>
>> How about we move this page to the wiki? It'd be more likely to get
>> updated there too.
>
> I think I suggested that years ago when we moved the Developer's faq to
> the wiki, and was turned down.  It wasn't much of a problem because it
> still worked in the source, but now that it doesn't, I agree we should
> do just that (assuming it can be made to work there).

I still think it would make a lot of sense to put it on the wiki
instead. Do you recall what the arguments were for not having it
there?

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/