Backing Up ? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From James David Smith
Subject Backing Up ?
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hi all,

I'm using a PostgreSQL + PostGIS database for a large project at the
moment, and would like advice on the best way to back it up incase
something goes wrong or I delete something by accident etc...? I see
that if I right-click on my database there is a 'Back-up' option which
creates a back-up of the database as a compressed file, so I thought
that this would be perfect, however I just made a minor error and
decided to reintate my back-up using the 'right-click > restore'
option, and it hasn't seem to do it. So I'm a bit confused now.

Thanks

James