enable database user login/logout information - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From muthu krishnan
Subject enable database user login/logout information
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hi,

We are running postgresql database server on itanium box.

Database - Postgresql 8.3.9
OS - SUSE Linux 11 SP 3
Server - Itanium (ia64)

We are trying to enable user login / logout information in postgresql log file, to do this we enabled the following in postgresql.conf,

log_connections = on

log_disconnections = on

After this we are getting both database user login / logout information as well as getting SQL queries executed by the application which increase the log file size.

Please guide me how to get only the database user connection (without SQL statements) information in logfile.

Thank you for spending your valuable time to read this.

Regards

Muthu