Re: Partial index slower than regular index - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Thom Brown
Subject Re: Partial index slower than regular index
Date
List pgsql-performance
On 7 April 2011 07:37, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> writes:
>> On 6 April 2011 05:44, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> It looks like the index predicate expression isn't getting the right
>>> collation assigned, so predtest.c decides the query doesn't imply the
>>> index's predicate.  Too tired to look into exactly why right now, but
>>> it's clearly bound up in all the recent collation changes.
>
>> Testing it again with very explicit collations, it still has issues:
>
> Yeah, any sort of collation-sensitive operator in an index WHERE clause
> was just plain broken.  Fixed now.

Thanks Tom.

You said in the commit message that an initdb isn't required, but is
there anything else since 20th March that would cause cluster files to
break compatibility?  I'm now getting the following message:

toucan:postgresql thom$ pg_ctl start
server starting
toucan:postgresql thom$ FATAL:  database files are incompatible with server
DETAIL:  The database cluster was initialized with CATALOG_VERSION_NO
201103201, but the server was compiled with CATALOG_VERSION_NO
201104051.
HINT:  It looks like you need to initdb.

--
Thom Brown
Twitter: @darkixion

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company