Re: patch for new feature: Buffer Cache Hibernation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Cédric Villemain
Subject Re: patch for new feature: Buffer Cache Hibernation
Date
List pgsql-hackers
2011/5/4 Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>:
> All,
>
> I thought that Dimitri had already implemented this using Fincore.  It's
> linux-only, but that should work well enough to test the general concept.

Harald provided me some pointers at pgday in Stuttgart to make it work
with windows but ... hum I have not windows and wasn't enought
motivated to make it work on it if no one need it.

I didn't search recently on the different kernels, but any kernel
supporting mincore and posix_fadvise should work. (so probably the
same set of kernel that support our 'effective_io_concurrency').

Still waiting for (free)BSD support .....