Re: REINDEX takes half a day (and still not complete!) - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: REINDEX takes half a day (and still not complete!)
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 11:19 PM, Phoenix Kiula <phoenix.kiula@gmail.com> wrote:
> Btw, hardware is not an issue. My db has been working fine for a
> while. Smaller poorer systems around the web run InnoDB databases. I
> wouldn't touch that with a barge pole.

Did you or someone in an earlier post say that you didn't have
problems with table bloat?  I can't remember for sure.

Anyway if it's not hardware then it's drivers or your OS.  The output
of iostat is abysmally bad.  100% utilization but actual throughput is
pretty low.  Have you used the CLI utility for your RAID card to check
for possible problems or errors?  Maybe your battery is dead or
non-functioning?  Don't just rule out hardware until you're sure yours
is working well.