Re: use less space in xl_xact_commit patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: use less space in xl_xact_commit patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 3:05 PM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Yes, that's correct. We can remove them from the normal commit record
> when nmsgs == 0.

Leonardo, can you submit an updated version of this patch today that
incorporates Simon's suggestion?  The CommitFest starts tomorrow.  If
not, please feel free to resubmit to the next CommitFest.  Simon or I
may find the time to review it sooner rather than later even if it
misses the deadline for this CommitFest, because I think it's an
important optimization and I know you have other work that depends on
it.  But for now we should mark it Returned with Feedback if you don't
have an updated version ready to go.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company