Re: VX_CONCURRENT flag on vxfs( 5.1 or later) for performance for postgresql? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Dimitri
Subject Re: VX_CONCURRENT flag on vxfs( 5.1 or later) for performance for postgresql?
Date
List pgsql-performance
You should rather consider VxFS tuning - it has an auto-discovery for
DIRECT I/O according the block size. Just change this setting to 8K or
16-32K depending on your workload - then all I/O operations with a
bigger block size will be executed in DIRECT mode and bypass FS cache
(which logical as usually it'll correspond to a full scan or a seq
scan of some data), while I/O requests with smaller blocks will remain
cached which is very useful as it'll mainly cache random I/O (mainly
index access)..

With such a tuning I've got over %35 performance improvement comparing
to any other states (full DIRECT or fully cached).

Rgds,
-Dimitri

Rgds,
-Dimitri