Re: PGXN Hosting - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Dave Page
Subject Re: PGXN Hosting
Date
List pgsql-www
On Wednesday, May 11, 2011, David E. Wheeler <david@kineticode.com> wrote:
> Howdy PG Infrastructure Folks,
>
> To get PGXN off the ground, I've been running it on a box owned by my consulting company, Kineticode. Command Prompt
hasgraciously given me free hosting for this box for a while, but alas, that's coming to an end and I need to move the
box-- or the services it runs, at least -- elsewhere. As part of that, I'd like to move PGXN to a community server, if
atall possible.

> What I'm *not* asking is for you all to manage it. All I need to keep it going is a vhost. I'd move the three
servicesthe make up PGXN to that box and continue managing it as I have up to now.  Of course, if /me the WWW team
*wants*to take over the host, that would be welcome.

> Is this do-able?

Yes. Assuming you can use Debian. You'll get monitoring and updates
for free though, as our hosting platform manages that for us.

What sort of size machine were you looking for?

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company