Re: newbie question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chris Curvey
Subject Re: newbie question
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 4:17 PM, Heine Ferreira <heine.ferreira@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi

Does Postgresql utilize hyperthreading and multiple cores on the relevant processors on windows?

Thanks

H.F.

It certainly looks like it on my machine!  As far as my Linux box can tell, the "hyperthreaded" CPUs just appear to be additional CPUs.  So even though I only have four physical CPUs in my box, Linux thinks I have eight.

--
e-Mail is the equivalent of a postcard written in pencil.  This message may not have been sent by me, or intended for you.  It may have been read or even modified while in transit.  e-Mail disclaimers have the same force in law as a note passed in study hall.  If your corporate attorney says that you need an disclaimer in your signature, you need a new corporate attorney.