Volunteering as Commitfest Manager - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Volunteering as Commitfest Manager
Date
Re: Volunteering as Commitfest Manager  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
I hear that CF manager is a difficult role for a single individual.

So it makes sense to split that role between multiple people.

I volunteer to be the CF manager for Replication, and also for
Performance. I have an interest in and long experience in each of
those areas, so that makes sense for me. The titles refer to the
categories on the CF application, self-selected by patch authors, not
an increased remit to wade in on anything that appears to fall into
those categories.

Patches need an eventual committer anyway, so this is a reasonable way
of having the process be managed by the eventual committer.

I don't see the role as an authoritarian one, so I will happily pass
over patches to other committers who may wish that and/or call for
help from particular people as required.