Re: serveRAID M5014 SAS - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz
Subject Re: serveRAID M5014 SAS
Date
List pgsql-performance
Yeah, I got it Mark.

Unfortunately my current management decided to suspend that
investigation for a while, so I can't get any tests done or anything
like that.

However we found out that another server we have shows similar issues.
The same card, slightly different motherboard and completely different
disks.
The basic issue is around concurrent reads and writes. The card is
ok-ish when one process hammers the disks, but as soon as it is
multiple ones - it just blows (and I use it as a technical term ;) ).
Still, with only one process reading/writing - the raid card sucks big
time performance wise.