Re: Last autovacuum on postgresql 8.1 - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Grzegorz Szpetkowski
Subject Re: Last autovacuum on postgresql 8.1
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hi,

I think that in PostgreSQL 8.1 you can only check autovacuum activity with logfile (e.g. autovacuum: processing database "postgres") by setting log_min_messages to debug level. I think it's good idea to upgrade to newer version.

In PostgreSQL 8.2 release notes (http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/release-8-2.html) there is "pg_stat_activity now shows autovacuum activity.". In other words you can use pg_stat_user_tables in PostgreSQL 8.2+.

Regards,
Grzegorz Szpetkowski