Postgres errors in Drupal install. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dave Coventry
Subject Postgres errors in Drupal install.
Date
Re: Postgres errors in Drupal install.
List pgsql-general
I'm having huge problems with a Drupal install using Postgres 8.4.8.

I'm getting the following error:

PDOException: SQLSTATE[08006] [7] could not connect to server:
Connection refused Is the server running on host "localhost" and
accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432? in lock_may_be_available()
(line 164 of /var/www/includes/lock.inc).

The Site is under minimal load with possibly two or three people on it at once.

Can anyone tell me why I get the error every hour or so?

And what steps I could take to remedy this?

Many thanks,

Dave Coventry